Wednesday 7 December 2016

Cigarettes After Sex



I heard this a few months ago and from the first couple of bars I was hooked. Okay it isn't the most original thing in the world it brings to mind the Trinity Sessions, The Velvets at their most laid back  and Mazzy Star but when in the right sort of mood on these dark evenings this really hits the spot. Not sure about the name, it's pish not as pish as Cabbage but if I had heard the name before listening I don't think I would have bothered. The band are resident in Brooklyn but were formed in El Paso by Greg Gonzalez. If you like what you hear, the vinyl or cd can be purchased here.

3 comments:

The Swede said...

Naff band name, good tune.

Anonymous said...

Discovered this recently and was going to post too. Lovely tune.
Swiss Adam

Unknown said...

Thanks