Friday 7 February 2020

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



I was in the cupboard where the cds from R to Z are last weekend looking for something specific that I couldn't remember by the time I opened the cupboard. So while scanning the shelves hoping that what I was looking for would come back to me (it didn't by the way) I noticed a cd on one of the Various shelves called "The Art of Acid" which I vaguely remembered buying some time ago. The first cd of this 2 disc set is a Justin Robertson mix of of a lot of acid house classics which is a good mix but more interesting is the second disc where the likes of 808 State and Greg Wilson remix some Trax classics with varying degrees of success. One of the best is the remix of Frankie Knuckles/Jamie Principle classic, Your Love where Italian DJ/Producer Dusty Kid, strips it back, removes the vocals and stretches the track out and produces something although not a patch on the original is different enough to make it more than worthwhile.

Airdrieonians were pretty much woeful last Saturday against Raith Rovers, now I am no football tactical genius but if I can see that playing without a midfield and punts up from the back and hoping that it reaches one of the guys up front isn't really working then why can't the manager. One thing is for sure if they still want to challenge for promotion they need to start winning games pretty soon starting tomorrow away to Dumbarton, I will not be holding my breath.

Have a good weekend

Frankie Knuckles - Your Love (Dusty Kid Makes Love Tender edit)

1 comment:

Echorich said...

Damn that's good Drew!
As much as I love the original of Your Love - I have a massive original Traxx Records section in my collection - this one stands on its own. There a System 7/Plastikman vibe in there certainly.