Friday 17 January 2020

It's Friday . . . Mon The Diamonds!



January isn't getting any easier is it. I've got to that bit of the month that I realise exactly just how skint I am and it is getting me down, more so when it dawns on me that there are a couple more significant dunts to my bank balance to come before the wages drop for records that I just couldn't live without and bought through Paypal and ticked the pay in 14 days box. What I and I suspect quite a few of you could also do with is a tune that gives you a warm glow with memories of long drawn out warm sunny days.

The Sun Rising anyone?

Well tomorrow sees Airdrieonians take on Hearts in the Scottish Cup for the first time since the semi-final replay on  April 14th 1992 when the game ended one each and Airdrie came out on top after penalties and went on to lose 2-1 to Rangers in the final. Hopes are high as Hearts are right pish at the moment but knowing our luck tomorrow will be when their new manager Daniel Stendl's team click and we get pumped. Unconfirmed rumours on Twitter have said that the Diamonds have sold 3500 tickets, they have certainly sold out the allocation that was given but whether it's as many as that we shall see. One thing for sure is Leo is really excited about this game as it will be the largest he has attended and he is looking forward to going to Tyncastle for the first time. For me it will be the first time in over 25 years!

Have a good weekend people

The Beloved - The Sun Rising 

4 comments:

Charity Chic said...

A cup upset could be on the cards!

FurryBootsCityBoy said...

Good luck to Airdrie!

Walter said...

Hope Airdrie makes Leo a fantastic experience watching them winning in an away game

drew said...

We were well and truly humped.