Wednesday 6 March 2019

My Love Grows Deeper



Clydie King, is probably best known, if at all, as a session singer for the likes of Joe Cocker,  The Rolling Stones or Bob Dylan. I first heard of her when I bought the excellent "What's Happening Stateside" compilation way back in 1987 where her duet with Jimmy Holliday, "Ready, Willing and Able" was included.

During the 60s she released a string of singles across the Speciality, Philips and Imperial labels. Possibly my favourite track, like many from this era is not the song that the label thought would be the more popular,  My Love Grows Deeper was the flip side of the 1965 release Missin' My Baby on Imperial, The vocals on the track sound as if they were recorded half way down a mine shaft which for me enhances the track which just oozes sensuality.

Clydie King - My Love Grows Deeper

1 comment:

George said...

This is far far superior to Missing My Baby