Wednesday 6 October 2010

Not Quite As Good As The Other One

Two weeks ago I managed to get my hands on a copy of Don't Send Nobody Else by Ace Spectrum for what I thought was a reasonable but still considerable amount for a record graded as VG.

Unfortunately when the single arrived from the States, so the postage wasn't that cheap either it became obvious that I had been duped as a certain Mr Smith would say. The overall effect of listening to the record could not have been made any worse if I had put on headphones and eaten a pack of Kettle chips while listening and also speeding it up and slowing it down all the time just for the hell of it for not only was the vinyl, how shall I put it, shagged it also had a warp just to enhance the listening pleasure.

I was rather upset at this and emailed the seller but surprise surprise the spineless bastard didn't even have the decency to respond.

Anyway, earlier tonight, for some reason I typed  Don't Send Nobody Else into Google and to my surprise found out that Millie Jackson did the original version of the song which until that moment I was totally unaware of. Not as good as the Ace Spectrum version, in my opinion but worth a listen nonetheless.


8 comments:

davyh said...

Yep, yer Ace Spectrum is definitely superior. Well, not yours, obviously, but...oh you know what I mean.

Swiss Adam said...

Cunts.

davyh said...

More tea vicar?

Swiss Adam said...

Yes please... but I also refer to Drew's comment on my blog earlier.

Simon said...

Funnily enough I was listening to the album by them this week, which I tracked down because of you posting the song you discuss a while back. Good album if a little in debt to the Isleys.

Anonymous said...

Would love to see your ebay feedback.

drew said...

Anon - my feedback was rather restrained

- Record should have been graded poor , warped and certainly not worth the price. Seller is a complete chancer, buyer beware!

Simon - I agree about the Isleys

davyh said...

SA - fair point.