Wednesday 13 October 2010

John Martyn, Again



I don't know what it is at the moment but I find myself listening to John Martyn a lot of an evening. Maybe it's the time of year, there is something rather comforting in those slurred vocals when the nights are drawing in but it''s probably just the fact that the man was a brilliant songwriter/musician.

To illustrate the point I have posted an incredibly beautiful track which Martyn didn't deem good enough to warrant inclusion on One World and which lesser talents would probably give their left bollock to have penned.

I defy you to say this isn't lovely.

John Martyn - All For The Love Of You

3 comments:

Swiss Adam said...

I'm going to have to investigate Jhn Martyn further.

Simon said...

Ah, he really was an amazing musician/songwriter/singer. Amazing.

drew said...

SA - there's dozens more like that. I even love his version of Over The Rainbow, although others think it's awful, if you can filter out the music and just focus on the voice it's great, would be even better with just an acoustic.

http://www.box.net/shared/l3xjhvuqy4

Simon that he was