Monday 25 October 2010

Johnny Reb



New music time here.

Johnny Reb are a five piece from Glasgow who, in there own words "like getting up people's backs". They were suppossed to be playing the Glasgow University freshers week but had an altercation with another band on the bill and were duly thrown out, this is my kind of band.

Anyway, they have just got back from Portugal where they were recording with Boz Boorer, Morrissey's guitarist but I won't hold that against them.

If you should be in Glasgow on Thursday night and at a loose end you could do worse than getting your backside down to Nice n Sleazy's where the band will be headlining. I have it on good authority from Philip that it will be a distinct 6/10 with a pitch like that how can you resist.

Do not be put off by the tags of Racist, white country on Last FM, I think that that must refer to somebody else, I hope so. This might be a slight impediment guys.

Check out their myspace page here 

Johnny Reb - Nine On The Line

I'm off over the water for a couple of days so nothing more from me 'til Thursday.

1 comment:

Simon said...

They left a message on my blog somewhere - I can't find it now - but they were raving about Dexys..