Sunday 3 January 2010

Bloody Snow





The weather up here is getting on my nerves now. I thought that by the time I would be going back to work all this white stuff would have disappeared. But it doesn't look as if it's going to thaw out any time this decade. I may be forced to dig the bloody car out of the drive tomorrow in time for Tuesday, however the fact that it hasn't even been turned over for a fortnight in these sub zero temperatures may provide other problems.

Still, I'm not going to think about it again until tomorrow. I think that a mug of hot Ribena is called for and just sit here for a while enjoying the silence. No more shaking of hands, wishing people I hardly know a happy New Year or making of idle chit chat to do. Absolute bliss.

After the silence, something a bit special. I've posted this before but for anybody who missed it and just because it has been running through my head for the last couple of days.

Orchestra JB - Come Alive

5 comments:

dickvandyke said...

Much the same here in Yorkshire drew. Snow chains and crampons a-gogo.

Although the cold has been thawed appreciably this afternoon thanks to Leeds beating Man Utd. The city is banging - as the heads will be tomorrow I suspect. The weather will be a perfect excuse for those unable to move due to Cup Fever.

Always carry a shovel and a bar of Kendal Mint Cake ... even if travelling by public transport.

Ctelblog said...

What a marvellous grump. I'm quite jealous.

drew said...

on yerselves, Leeds.

Ctel - I have striven to turn grumpiness into an art form, or so the better half says.

Unknown said...

your car will not start tomorrow amigo.

Throw a sickie.....

ANCB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.