Tuesday 6 February 2018

Luton!



I'm down in Luton for a couple of days again for my sins. Mixing with the great and the good within my company and hopefully hearing of some new studies coming my way preferably north of the border but we will see. This song and this version in particular always comes into my head after about two hours in the town that spawned the EDL. I hadn't played this for a wee while and had forgotten about the guitar solo which surely raised a few eyebrows or by 1980 were we far enough away from year zero for such things not to matter.

Angelic Upstarts - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place  

2 comments:

Brian said...

Uh, I think I may have a new favorite version of this song. Safe travels.

Dirk said...

One of the first records I ever bought when I was a lad, this ...