Friday 20 April 2012

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



Here is a track I was sure that I had posted before but apparently not, probably when I thought about posting it before I had the same dilemma as I had last night, which bloody mix to choose, they are all brilliant.

When I used to think of myself as a bit of a DJ, I would mess about for ages mixing dialogue from the Apocalypse Now soundtrack into this track and used to follow it with Homer's mix of Persian Blues which seemed to work very well or so I thought at the time. I came across a few homemade mix tapes, one including this track  the other weekend but haven't had the courage to listen to how bad the train crash mixing is, as yet.

The Disco Evangelists were Ashley Beedle, David Holmes and Lindsay Edwards they released two singles in 1993, De Niro and A New Dawn both are very good progressive thumpers but for me it will always be De Niro, which was first released on Black Sunshine records and then picked up by Positiva and given a wider release.

The pan pipes sample comes from possibly my favourite soundtrack music for the film Once Upon A Time In America bu Ennio Morricone.

Have a good weekend people.

I'm off to Monorail in the morning to spend way too much money.

The Disco Evangelists - De Niro (The Spaceflight remix)

No comments: