Friday 30 March 2012

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance




I never got into the Prodigy, Charly just annoyed me and the later stuff like Fire Starter and all that I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. It all seemed to me rather cartoonish and obvious. The slightly "edgier" other side of the coin to the bland trance of Faithless.

No Good (Start The Dance) I did like so much so that I went to a shop miles away where I was unlikely to bump into anyone I knew and bought the 12" single. Don't ask me why I like this over any of the other Prodigy stuff as it has the breakbeats, the female on helium vocals etc. I have no idea I just do.

Have a good weekend people.

The Prodigy - No Good (Start The Dance)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Drew,
At last, a picture from your 'Friday dance ' series that coincides with my memory of late eighties / early nineties raves.ie..just a bunch of sweating grinning goons and not a suntanned godess in sight. Keep up the good work, cheers, Neil

davyh said...

Are you sure this isn't a scene from Shaun Of The Dead?

drew said...

It looks like a lot of scenes from my life in the late 80s early 90s. As Neil says, real life. There were however quite a few suntanned ladies back in the day in Glasgow but most looked like they had been tangoed rather than bronzed beauties.

Anonymous said...

what a brilliant picture

ctel

Dirk said...

Now this made my day. The picture, that is. Didn't listen to the tune. Yet.