Friday 1 April 2011

It's Friday . . Let's Dance



We have had a couple of things kind of dub steppy this week and I thought that I would include one of the best examples of this, for me fresh and exciting genre which is increasingly making up the majority of my purchases.

Shackleton was the co-founder of the Skull Disco label which released consistently high quality and ground breaking twelves and a couple of excellent compilation albums  which if you don't own anything on the label are really worth having. The label was rolled up in 2008 and since then Shackleton has released a few singles an album and a mix cd and for me has more than filled the void of the lack of output from Burial over the last few years.

Last month Shackleton released a couple of singles on Honest Jon's Records one of which was a double which are both excellent and it is hard to pick out one track over the rest of them. But after a few listens I have chosen the original mix of Fireworks a rather eerie track that smolders for just over seven minutes.

And before any smart arse puts in a comment, no I wouldn't know how to dance to it either.

Have a good weekend people.

Shackleton - Fireworks

8 comments:

davyh said...

Dance to it? No. 'Spark up' a 'jazz cigarette'? Perhaps.

swiss adam said...

Mmm very nice.

davyh said...

I expect the girl on the right has got a terrible cramp and the girl on the left is trying to help her.

Swiss Adam said...

I think it's the other way round.

davyh said...

Either way I'm sure there's a perfectly innocent explanation.

drew said...

yip, they're pished!

dickvandyke said...

'Shackleton' is a mighty fine name for a band.

Sturdy traditional reliable British stoicism.

Song's a bit shit though.

drew said...

DVD - much as I liked your review above I cannot agree with you it was funny though, showwered my keyboard in the mouthful of gin I had gulped when reading it.