Tuesday 19 April 2011

Big Deal, I Think They May Be



When I was compiling my tracks of the year in early December, there was a track that I wanted to include by the duo Big Deal but decided not to on the grounds that I had only had the single for a couple of weeks and that I really couldn't base how good the track was in comparison ton other stuff that had been hanging around for a lot longer and the other reason was that I wasn't that impressed with their cover of Big Star's Thirteen. There was nothing wrong with it, I just felt that it was a bit of an obvious song for them to cover based on the sound of the a side.

I have no such concerns about the b-side of their second single, Talk released on Moshi Moshi last week. Locked Up reminds me of the Velvet Underground, with the fuzzy guitar and the lazy vocals. Talk is equally as good and both are well worth purchasing.

This and the Cults single are the soundtrack to these rather surprisingly sun drenched days we have been having of late for me.

Big Deal - Locked Up

No comments: