Tuesday 7 September 2010

Only The Strongest Will Survive



I only bought this single on the strength of the remixers if the truth be known.

I was never a big fan of Ride so when I heard that Andy Bell had formed a new band that were also signed to Creation I had little more than a passing interest in the fact.

A couple of years later while perusing the racks somewhere I came across a 12" single by the band in the bargain bins, flipped it over and saw the names Farley and Heller and decided to take a punt on it, after all it was only a quid and Farley and Heller more often than not would produce something worth listening to.

The track is pretty good but messers Farley and Heller produce a lazy remix which more than harks back to 1991, not a bad thing but just lazy. All that is missing is the sample "that's beautiful, that's really beautiful."

Hurricane #1 - Only The Strongest Will Survive