Saturday 11 September 2010

Fever pt 2



A few weeks ago when I posted the Lulu Rouge edit of I'm Shakin' I said that Little Willie John was responsible for the first recording of the Eddie Cooley and Otis Blackwell song Fever. Well, I've evntually got my hands on a copy of the reprint from those great guys at Fat City.

Although it doesn't smoulder in the same way Peggy Lee's version does it has replaced that one as my favourite rendition of the song.

The b side is none to shabby either.

Little Willie John - Fever 

Little Willie John - Uh Uh Baby

5 comments:

Simon said...

What a lovely way to burn is one of my favourite lines in a song ever.

drew said...

it is rather a good line.

kajun58 said...

The LWJ version is very interesting. Just his voice in his own "FEVER" pitched tone makes his version sizzle ... A one of a kind voice ... indeed!

Someone once said: "LWJ" could sing ANY song and make is sound great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1y_FKlwdjk

Kajun58

Unknown said...

I knew the song....but not this smouldering ace version.

Thanks

drew said...

Kajun58 - he certainly had an amazing voice, such a pity his life was cut so short.