Thursday 24 July 2014

Dexys



I went to see the Dexys film, "Nowhere Is Home" film on Monday night, eventually, having to double back through Glasgow after going to the wrong Cinema, missing the first couple of minutes! And very good it was too, although Big Jim looked not entirely comfortable of being in front of the camera, I think that he may have preferred to have done anything other than talk about himself and his involvement with the band, Rowland on the other hand was as forthright as ever and very entertaining. Interspersed with the musings of the two is footage from the live performance of "One Day I'm Going To Soar" from the Duke Of York's Theatre last year.

On Tuesday it was announced on Twitter that Dexys would be releasing the DVD and live performance on various formats in October. You can pre-order here

If you pre-booked the tickets for the showing of the film, on the night you would receive an exclusive 7" single with two of the live tracks from the show. I know that it really is none of my business and people can do what they like with the record but I was slightly pissed off to see "spare" copies on eBay some at 25 quid! If I had had a spare copy, I pre-booked two tickets and Stiff got one of the singles, I would have given it to someone else at the showing who had at least made the effort to go and see the film, not sold it to highest bidder!

Here is the original version of one of the tracks on the single. I will get around to uploading both sides of the single sometime soon.

Dexys Midnight Runners - I Love You (Listen To This)

No comments: