Tuesday 1 September 2020

An Alright Remix Amongst A Pile of Shite



I am not a big fan of remixing classic soul records, I am of the opinion if it sounds brilliant and people love it, leave it the fuck alone. So when in 2005 a remix album of quintessential Motown tracks I was less than enthused at the prospect and decided to give it an extra wide birth as I wasn't sure that my blood pressure could take hearing some stone cold classics fucked about with by the likes of DJ Jazzy Jeff or DJ Smash. A few years ago I came across a copy of the cd in a Charity shop for the sum of 50p, even at this price I hesitated but my curiosity got the better of me and yes mostly it is as bad as I thought it would be but one remix is not without worth and that is the Randy Watson Experience reworking of Gladys Knight and the Pips version of I Heard it Through The Grapevine, although they should get a slap for the title "Sympathy For The Grapes mix".

The cover is also rank, so you have a picture of Bannatyne Street as the sun goes down from last weekend

Gladys Knight & The Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine (Sympathy For The Grapes mix) 

1 comment:

Charity Chic said...

Can't bring myself to listent to this Drew
Nor sure whether it is the concept or the stuff in brackets