Wednesday 30 May 2018

The Dreemas




I was going to post the mp3 for this but I think that if you like this you really should buy it. The Dreemas ep is one of my favourite releases of the year so far which is no mean feat as it seems that great new records are being released on a weekly basis which is not good for the bank balance but great for my aural pleasure, even with all the mutterings of space and records encroaching on space that was not meant for them.

The ep is a collaboration between two long time friends, Jono Ma of Jagwar Ma and Angus Gruzman of Dreems. They worked together on the 2015 release Another Day In The Sun, a cover of a song by Austalian psych rock band the Moffs which is also very good. The Dreemas ep is a bit different, more techno but with tinges of psychedelia, whatever it is, A Love Trance Mission from NK to 7s is epic. The rest of the ep is pretty damned magic too.

The picture was my pretty poor attempt at trying to catch the ISS on camara. I have been watching the fly over every night for the past week and full of awe at this thing travelling at five mile per second over my head




3 comments:

Brian said...

How exciting. Looks like you have a new reader, Drew. Top tunes yesterday and today. Between you and CC, my shopping list for Kent releases is getting out of hand.

Swiss Adam said...

Good post Drew.

This part resonates with me 'great new records are being released on a weekly basis which is not good for the bank balance but great for my aural pleasure, even with all the mutterings of space and records encroaching on space that was not meant for them' especially the final part.

drew said...

Brian - have you heard of Snail Mail?

SA - the grumbles are becoming increasingly audible