Friday 13 November 2015

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance




You may be glad to discover that there aren't too many tracks left from the soundtrack of a Short Film About Chilling, just three more after today's. 

Having spent time in Aberdeen in the late 80s I was aware of who the Shamen were but hadn't really listened to much of their stuff, I had quite liked In Gorbachev We Trust but hadn't bought the album. On the recommendation of a friend I bought Pro>gen which I played quite a lot for a few weeks. I read somewhere that there are thirty odd mixes of this tune if you include the rerelease the following year entitled Move Any Mountain, you only need to have the Land of Oz mix which was mixed by Paul Oakenfold.

Third take on top of the table when the Diamonds host Dunfermline tomorrow. Oh how I would love to see us victorious not least as I know how annoyed a certain big streak of pish that was once married to a good friend of mine will be. Petty? You better believe it.

Have a good weekend people.

The Shamen - Pro>gen (Land of Oz mix)

No comments: