Tuesday 25 August 2015

You Wanna Go For A Ride?




Just a quick post not had any time to think of anything for today. This came on the ipod the other day and made me smile as it was one of Max's favourite songs when he was five/six and it was always a little disconcerting him singing "she said you wanna go for a ride, I got thirteen hours to burn and I'm gonna stay up all night" out of the blue. I am still quite perplexed by my liking of Greg Dulli's many incarnations,  I have never been able to put my finger on quite why I like 99% of the stuff that he puts out but very little if anything in a similar vein.

The Twilight Singers - Teenage Wristband

1 comment:

Echorich said...

Dulli is one of two artist, along with their groups that made the 90's more musically palatable for me. Afghan Whigs surfed on the top of grunge's hype, but proved they were so much more than that - for me - stillborn musical scene. The other artist is probably much more controversial for some - Stuart Staples and Tindersticks - thumbing their nose at britpop was just the beginning of their attraction for me...