Wednesday 21 January 2015

How Good Is This?



I'm not a huge fan of Laura Marling, in the past I have liked a few songs that I have heard which led me to purchase the first couple of albums but if the truth be told I haven't listened to them much. The tracks I do play quite frequently are New Romantic and Young Love the Mystery Jets song she guests on. Last weekend I heard Short Movie on the Huey Morgan song and have been on Youtube quite a lot over the weekend playing the song. I do hope that this is released as a single.




3 comments:

The Swede said...

Very good indeed. I was having a discussion with Mrs S along the same lines only yesterday. I've purchased a couple of Marling's LPs in the past, yet for some reason they tend to get filed away semi-forgotten, at least until her next thing comes along, after which I dig 'em out and rediscover their quality all over again.
'Short Movie' is one of the best things I've heard so far this year and a very confident choice as a lead track from a new album.

Charity Chic said...

I!m with you and The Swede here Drew.I Should probably like and listen to Laura MArling much more than I do.Maybe it is the Mumford connections.

Scott said...

Very good song Drew. I've never really got into her but feel I should go back and listen to more of her after this.