Friday 2 January 2015

And The Winner Is



A few weeks ago I posted that I had been asked to contribute to the long list for the Blog Sound of 2015. . .

Well, today I can announce that the definitive, winner of the poll, with double the points of any other of the contenders was Lapsley.

I featured a track by her which had been sent to me back in July last year which also made the tracks of my year. At the tail end of the year she signed for XL, with her first ep being released next Monday on download. I'm not quite sure if there will be a vinyl release of this as on the website it is only available for pre-order from the US which could end up quite annoying!

I am a bit concerned that my voting for her might just be the kiss of death as none of the artists I have predicted to go on to greatness over the past decade or so, The Raveonettes and Airborne Toxic Event being two prime examples,  have failed to set the heather on fire. Let's hope Holly Lapsley Fletcher does better.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's the top tip in today's Guardian too.
Swiss Adam