Wednesday 28 January 2015

Better Late Than Never



I'm only a few days late with this but it's worth it. This was first heard live from Peel Acres on Peel's Burns Night Special on the 22/01/2004.

Of a' the airts the wind can blaw,
I dearly like the West,
For there the bonnie lassie lives,
The lassie I lo.e the best.
There wild woods grow, and rivers row,
And monie a hill's between:
But day and night my fancy's flight
Is ever wi' my Jean

I see her in the dewy flowers,
I see her sweet and fair;
I hear her in the tunefu' birds,
I hear her charm the air;
There's not a bonnie flower that springs
By fountain, shaw, or green;
There's not a bonnie bird that sings, 
But minds me of my Jean.

Camera Obscura - My Bonnie Jean

2 comments:

Charity Chic said...

Worth the wait Drew

Swiss Adam said...

We had haggis for tea, coincidentally, on Burns night. Saw it in Aldi and dropped it in the trolley. Very nice it was too.