Monday 8 October 2012

You Upset My Soul



Please tell me if you are getting a bit bored with starting the week with a bit of soul? I hate to be predictable but I can't think of a better way to start the week, certainly better than listening to Andrew Marr.

Here is a bit of an R&B stomper from Maxine Brown and the flip side of the more mainstream Little Girl Lost which is not a bad track, couldn't be with Maxine's vocals but the non plug side is definitely the one for me. Released on Wand in 1964. It always amazes me that these soul records, some sixty plus years old still sound fresh today.

Maxine Brown - You Upset My Soul

9 comments:

Dirk said...

Jesus, Drew: JC starts the week with bloody U2, so how can I possibly ask for more than a litte soul to start the week with?

Keep it on this way. Please!

drew said...

Thanks Dirk. I saw what JC has posted and am too shocked to comment!

Dirk said...

Ha ha ... now he has taken the whole post off ... most presumably though not because of the two of us bitching along here: I assume the DMCA woke up instead ... I'm tempted to say: "For once, just for once, I bless 'em!"

davyh said...

If this is 60 years old then that would make me 59...and I might feel that old, but....shome mistake shurely?

drew said...

Late night posting after heavy weekend.

Are you only 59 Davy, looking good on it.

Walter said...

I might be late - but there are worse ways to start the day. I prefer a piece of soul always as the whole mainstream you hear on the radio. Keep on doing your way

George said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with starting the week with soul. Infinitely more preferable than posting Bruce Springsteen every monday.

davyh said...

I AM NOT 59

drew said...

Touchy.