Tuesday 23 October 2012

Never Ever



I had this running through my head all day yesterday and thought that by posting, it may leave my brain.

I love this song, I remember the first time I heard it, I had never heard of All Saints but loved the track, it has an old girl group feel to it.  This was kicking about at the time that Radio 1 started playing things months before they got a release date and I still listened to the station, which doesn't make it yesterday,  and I remember it being flogged to death so much so that after it's release I hardly ever played it.

I wasn't really enamoured with any of their subsequent releases apart from the Tom Middleton mix of Pure Shores.

All Saints - Never Ever

4 comments:

Simon said...

Me I love Pure Shores, was in a band at the time with synths, beats and a girl singer and we were obsessed with that song. Ripped it off a few times. All Saints had some good songs.

dickvandyke said...

Never thought about the 'old girl group feel' before, but you're right. Hardly Shangri-Las, but still.

Anonymous said...

yep, Pure Shores for me too

phil spector said...

Great girl-group song and so easy on the eye. (Rubs legs letcherously like Vic Reeves at Ulrika-ka-ka).