Thursday 15 April 2010

What A Difference A Few Hours Makes



It's amazing how your view of organisations can change rapidly.

From about 5 pm yesterday until I eventually got in the door at 11:45 pm, I was cursing everybody involved with the orange airline and wishing a plague on all of their houses, for the delay from Luton and the knowledge that I had to be up in four and three quarter hours , yes four effing thirty in the night, in order to catch the only morning flight to Aldergrove.

When I stumbled out of bed at that ungodly hour I noticed that there was a mesage on the phone. When I checked it I didn't believe what I was reading, it said that due to volcanic activity in Iceland my flight had been cancelled. I thought some-one was on the wind up, so fired up the laptop to check my mail and lo and behold there was an email from Stelios' mob confirming the text. So with a grin I jumped back into bed to get a well deserved couple of bonus hours kip.

When I got up I got a call from a colleague who was now stuck in London but the thing was that she neither got a text nor an email telling her of the situation from the "world's favourite airline".

Throughout the day I have received a few calls from friends and colleagues all in the same boat, some flying with EasyJet, some with Fly Maybe and a couple with BMI Baby and what has become clear is that not only is Easyjet the only one who contacted their passengers (saving me from a 2 to 3 hour wasted round trip to the airport) but as far as I'm aware the only one offering a full refund as well.

Now here is something that you will not hear me say very often, Well done EasyJet! Oh and  I will try to refrain from calling you sleazyjet until my next 3 hour delay in Luton.

Jewel  - I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane

3 comments:

Simon said...

where's the picture of Jewel then?

drew said...

Not watching the debate then Simon?

Simon said...

It's called multi tasking. Watching and typing at the same time. Not the most exciting debate though...