Monday 26 April 2010

Milkshake Donor



Haven't really posted that many mash up's here but this is one that I love.

I wanted to post Kelis' Caught Out There yesterday,  just for the 'I hate you so much right now' refrain, for obvious reasons but realised that I hadn't ripped the single to iTunes and then couldn't find it. But searching for it reminded me that I had a rather good mash up using Milkshake and my second  favourite DJ Shadow track.

Organ Donor can be found on Josh Davis' groundbreaking first album Endtroducing. The track is rather slight, clocking in at under 2 minutes but after Influx it is in my opinion the best thing he has done. I must have played it hundreds of times but that organ still gets the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. I realise that this has been purlioned from elswhere but its  use is truly inspired and is just plain creepy.

The splicing together of Organ Donor and a rather suggestive, R&B track really shouldn't work but it does.

Dj Shadow vs Kelis - Milkshake Donor

*Can't find a scan of the record anywhere and can't be arsed to find the camera and do it myself, so you've got a picture of Kelis

1 comment:

swiss adam said...

I like.