Wednesday 21 April 2010

Guilt



I haven't really got much to say about this track by The Long Blondes, a band I know virtually nothing about apart from the fact that they were from Sheffield and had to call it a day, tragically after their guitarist,  Dorian Cox had a stroke in June 2008.

Pantha Du Prince, known to his mother and friends as Hendrilk Weber provide the remix. Weber is a German producer and DJ who is associated with Hamburg's minimal techno label Dial Records. The album Black Noise which was released a couple of weeks ago is worth checking out.

I am not even sure where I got this remix but it has got that sort of mid week feel to it, if you know what I mean.

The Long Blondes - Guilt (Pantha Du Prince remix)

2 comments:

Simon said...

If ever you liked Pulp and/or Blondie then you should check out the Long Blondes albums proper. One of my favourite bands of the past decade. Top tunes and man did they look good on stage. Proper old fashioned pop music in an early 80s style. Lovely stuff.

Steph Mulrine said...

My other half I think would leave me if it meant he could runaway with The Long Blondes. I'm slowly convincing them that any girl can wear brightly coloured tights and a beret.

I love this remix. I do adore a bit (a lot) of minimal techno.