Wednesday 2 December 2009

If That's What You Wanted.




Far too much going on right now. I haven't had a chance to think about the blog this week. Should be able to get things on an even keel by the weekend.

In the meantime . . .

I haven't posted any northern soul for quite a while, so here is one of my favourites and number 9 in the Northern Soul Top 500. Frank Beverly would later find fame as the lead singer of the band Maze but here is the best thing that he's ever done, in my opinion.

Frank Beverly and the Butlers - If That's What You Wanted

3 comments:

davyh said...

Ooh I did enjoy that, it was like nipping out into fresh blowy air from a stuffy room.

Darcy said...

Maze was my first introduction to Frankie Beverly. Great voice. Have some of their round black things. Eventually reversed into his earlier stuff, and agree this is the best thing he ever did - and so different to Maze.

drew said...

Darcy - I never could get into Maze, maybe because I heard this first but you are right a great voice.