Tuesday 29 December 2015

RIP Lemmy 1945 - 2015



I was saddened to hear of the death of Lemmy last night although not totally surprised after seeing the footage of a gig a few weeks ago when he had to leave the stage and also after the Glastonbury performance in the summer, I haven't bought anything by Motorhead since the Iron Fist album. I know that millions will disagree but for me the albums and singles released from 1977 to 1982 are all you need. I still listen to them pretty regularly and had replaced my old knackered copy of the Ace of Spades single only a few months ago.

I am not sure that Lemmy was the most pleasant individual but then again how many of us really are? He will be remembered by me as the man responsible for me missing a whole day of school while still being there. As the day after my first gig seeing Motorhead at the Glasgow Apollo I couldn't hear a thing that anybody was saying due to the ringing in my ears And also as the leader of the first band that I ever got really excited about.

Motorhead - Iron Horse/Born To Lose

3 comments:

The Swede said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Swede said...

The phrase 'Rest in Peace' seems strangely inappropriate. Peace is the last word I'd associate with Lemmy. A force of nature extinguished. Rest in Noise.

JC said...

Only metal band I ever took the time to go and see play live at the Glasgow Apollo. It was a tad on the loud side.....