Friday 11 December 2015

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



After eighteen weeks of Balearica I think that we will fast forward a few years to one of my favourite tracks from another genre in the ever expanding dance music universe, Trip Hop, not a term that is thought very highly of but one that encapsulates the music extremely well. This time it's all about the breaks and samples. Trickshot was the only single by Ceasefire but a rather good one and I think the best thing released on the Wall of Sound, yes better than Take California by Propellorheads but not Zidane by Mogwai but I don't really count that as a Wall of Sound release anyway. I love the lazy tempo of the track, the breakbeat, which always makes me want to play the Ritchie Hawtin mix of Le Funk Mob's Motorbass Get's Punked Up afterwards which inevitable leads me on a Mo Wax tip which ten lasts for only days if the rest of the house is lucky, but I digress. Trickshot also contains some very cool samples of dialogue lifted from Carlito's Way.

It is the "girls" Christmas Day out tomorrow, so L will be pretty much useless until Monday. My return to clubland to see Mr Weatherall has been cancelled due to lack of funds and I will therefore be doing sod all but listening to music very loud in the comfort of my own listening chair this weekend, oh and being a responsible parent of course.

Have a good weekend people.

Ceasefire - Trickshot.

3 comments:

Charity Chic said...

Good to see L getting some practice in on that JPIG prior to her night out!

Brian said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend, Drew. I'll be doing the same thing. The Mrs. won't be back until Sunday night. Now if I could just figure out a way to get these kids out of my hair. Uh, I mean, can't wait to play with my lovely children... and to maybe spin a few records.

Anonymous said...

How Are You Man? Used To Run Smack With Rolando. Right. Little Bit. Little Bit!