Friday 21 November 2014

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



One of the few things I like about this time of the year is the apples. Not any apples, no but shiny, red/green, soft, tart Macintosh Reds. One of the only fruits that still appear to be seasonal, well up here in Scotland we only get them from about October to end of December and only in Morrison's; when I was a kid they were exclusive to Safeway, I liked Safeway, there were always things in there you couldn't get anywhere else. I think that Mac Reds are unique in being the only food stuff that has not shrunk or altered in taste and texture since I was wee and therefore never disappoint.

"What the fuck have apples got to do with dance music?" I hear you ask. Well nothing really apart from the fact that Leo and I were extolling the virtues of these glorious apples at the football last Saturday, well it was more interesting than watching the pish that was going on on the park and the phrase "A juicy red apple is nice, but not every apple is red" popped into my head and has subsequently been lodged there ever since. So in order to expunge this, it was up to the cupboard to find one of my more incongruous purchases of 1992. Not being a great fan of breakbeat Rave I'm not quite sure why I bought this record and I also have no idea what I did with it, as I couldn't find it anywhere. So to the internet and there it was. I believe that it is my duty to share and therefore I present for your delectation the annoying earworm in all it's glory. No need to thank me.

You know what?  It's not as bad as I thought it was.

Have a good weekend people.

Skin Up - A Juicy Red Apple Is Nice (Sweet mix)

3 comments:

Dirk said...

And one of the few things I like about Fridays at this time of the year is the nipples in the photos accompanying this series. Not any nipples, no, but shiny, red, hard FEMALE ones!!! The ones of some twerp with a silly hat are NOT what I want to see!!

This blog continues to decline!!

Simon said...

Nothing much to do with anything, but in 1986-1987 I worked part time at Safeway. So the wages from there would probably have paid for albums by JAMC, The Clash, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Julian Cope, Patti Smith, Dexys, The Jam,Van The Man, The The, The Pogues, The Proclaimers, The Housemartins, Prince, Al Green, Elvis Costello, Lone Justice, The Style Council, The Mighty Lemondrops, The Pistols, The Specials, Madness, The Kinks, The Who, The Creation. And many more besides. So I've a lot to thank Safeway for!

Swiss Adam said...

Good breakbeat.