Friday 22 November 2013

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



During the mid to late 90s John Digweed released a mix cd about once a fortnight and along with Sasha was one of the superstar DJs that the Chemical Brothers were banging on about. I'm not sure if his popularity has waned as I don't buy Mixmag or DJ magazine or frequent house parties after the pub has shut where the soundtrack is meandering trance pish anymore, thankfully.

I was never really a big fan of his DJ sets,  as waiting for the next big breakdown to raise my arms in the air was not really my thing. However I did like his first foray into recording under the name of Bedrock along with Nick Muir. Although it does contain a huge breakdown at the time they were not as ubiquitous as they would become and the odd one could be tolerated. The single was released on Stress records in 1993.

Have a good weekend people.

Bedrock feat Kyo - For What You Dream Of

3 comments:

davyh said...

I know this because it's on the 'Trainspotting' soundtrack. It's not a Pointless answer.

dickvandyke said...

Dunno wtf you're on about .. but I loves ya all the same

Anonymous said...

my son said "why's the lady sleeping?"