Friday 3 December 2010

Tonight's Recomended Poison



I have never had the pleasure of tasting moonshine but I was once given a bottle of Poitin by an Irish brickie once who was working on the same building site as me. If Moonshine tastes anything like that stuff then it is best avoided, drinking the stuff was akin to shoving a red hot poker down your throat and being temporarily blinded and that was just after a quick sip. Suffice to say the rest of bottle went down the sink and probably corroded the drain pipe.

Have a good weekend.

The Big Bopper - White Lightning

The Fall - White Lightning

9 comments:

davyh said...

You'll need something warming tonight mind.

There's more hard drinkin' over at mine.

drew said...

Rum and green ginger tonight Mr H.

davyh said...

I like the sound of that. The drinks are cold here alas, but I'll be knocking up a spicy prawn gumbo to eat laterz.

davyh said...

Incidentally, what's your rum of choice?

drew said...

Havana Club 3 year old or Appletons V/X

Mondo said...

I'm on a Cognac buzz at the month'. Rumwise Cockspur hits the spot although a friend of mine swears by a mouthful of Sailor Jerry

Mondo said...

That should be mo' but this sodding spellcheck changes it to month by default

drew said...

I'm partial to a bit of Cognac Mond. Like Cockspur but Sailor Jerry is one of those spiced rums is it not. Pussers and ginger beer, a good combination called a dark and stormy round these parts.

Talking of spiced rum, I am acquainted with a girl who called her daughter Morgan as that was what she was drunk on when said daughter was conceived, classy girl.

e.f. bartlam said...

I think you may my day with the Fall cover...I don't think I've ever heard it.

The George Jone's version is one of my boy's favorites.