Tuesday 7 December 2010

Not Quite Budapest



Well I'm not in Budapest. I got a text from BA last night informing me that my flight from Glasgow to Heathrow this morning was cancelled, so that was that.

I have to admit that I was in two minds about this trip anyway. I wasn't really enthused about the flying as I've said before and try not to do anymore than two hours at a time but it didn't matter which route I took to Budapest it meant spending at least 2 hrs 45 mins in the air at one time which may have sent me over the edge unless I had had enough alcohol.

On the other hand Budapest is a city that I have always wanted to visit and my hotel was going to be right on the Danube on the Buda side very near the castle. Another time maybe.

I have been listening to Glow by The Innocence Mission today and it did exactly that filled me with a warm glow which was just as well as it is bloody baltic up here in the north of Britian at the moment. If you haven't heard this album or of the band don't let the fact that they are sort of Christian folkies put you off , the album is beautiful and not a bit preachy.

The Innocence Mission - That Was Another Country

No comments: