Thursday 9 December 2010

About As Much Use As A Fart In A Spacesuit.




Does anybody else have a problem with the concept of the office Secret Santa?

No

Just me then, as I suspected.

If I am going to shell out my hard earned,  even if it is "only up to a tenner" I like to know who the fuck my money is being spent on so I can buy them something that they may vaguely like or find useful. Not waste my it on complete tat that only gets made because people keep giving the like of it to others in office Secret Santas.

I particularly hate the fucking "humorous" version where people try to out do each other in the uselessness or filth stakes with the so-called gift. How funny is it to get either a clockwork penis or a pack of 3 size 22 pants. Laugh I nearly shit myself.

So if any of my workmates are reading this and on Tuesday find themselves in possession of a Fall cd, or How Not To Run A Club, Santa is not trying to be funny but trying to fill that void in your life where the work of Mark E Smith should be or getting you to read something other than Dan Brown or Harry fucking Potter.

The Fall - Open The Boxoctosis #2

4 comments:

Swiss Adam said...

Work based fun. Love it. Several Secret santa 'presents' in past years have gone straight in eithe rthe bin or to a charity shop. Where I imagine they sit unbought for weeks, and then end up in landfill.

Scott said...

I got my Secret Santa The Best Of Joy Division...they are a big fan of Black Eyed Peas so thought they might appreciate the gesture...I will probably get one of those things you squeeze to relieve stress...for some reason I seem to get one of them every year...

e.f. bartlam said...

I wish you were in my office.

I think I got some ceramic coasters last year...we draw numbers from a hat.

drew said...

e.f. - ceramic coasters, nice!