Friday 16 May 2014

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



Today's track comes from a couple of hedonists Dan and John Kahuna who were as responsible as the Chemical Brothers in creating the whole Big Beat scene with their Big Kahuna Burger nights in London during the early 90s. As was often the case within the dance scene of the early 90 the DJs tried their hands at making their own music to great success.

Bright Morning White was the duo's second release on their own label Kahuna Cuts. When I first heard the track, the string led spoken word intro hooked me in from the start, slowly building almost coming to a stop just about a minute in and then building again and again. Although not quite as frenetic as I seem to remember it being it is a track that sounded as good last night when I put it on the turntable as back in 1998.

Not got much on this weekend so I guess that I can't avoid building a new shed door and standard any longer!

Have a good weekend people.

F.C. Kahuna - Bright Morning White

2 comments:

Dirk said...

Are those ladies riverdancing?

Then again: the way they stare makes me think they rather belong to some strange sect and are currently following every move their guru is making.

And, to be honest, it's a sect I very much would like to be a member of, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

classic track. disconcerting photo