Thursday 15 May 2014

Breathless



I took a punt on this the other week when I saw today's record for sale. I couldn't find it on Youtube so decided just to go for it figuring that if I didn't and later on found out it was a cracking version of a great song I would kick myself. So when I got it home there was a fair amount of trepidation as I put it on the turntable. But relief when I found that it wasn't a million miles away from the original, however there is a fair amount of surface noise but what else can you expect from a record dating back to 1958.

The record is a curious release Breathless is the b-side on the other is  a version of Who's Sorry Now by Margie Shaw, a hit for Connie Francis in the same year as this version was released. I can find out nothing about either Shaw or Gootch Jackson but to be honest I haven't tried that hard.

Gootch Jackson - Breathless

No comments: