Wednesday 11 November 2009

Lost In Music




In celebration of the forthcoming Fall Fest which will take place this Friday and Saturday at the Renfrew Ferry. I present for your delectation a couple of re interpretations by the Gruppe.


First up we have probably my favourite Fall cover, Sister Sledge's Lost In Music

The Fall - Lost In Music

and White Lightning, originally by The Big Bopper which must be a fave of MES as it has been a constant in the set list over the past few years.

The Fall - White Lightning

The Airborne Toxic Event gig was pretty wonderful the other night, they have come on leaps and bounds in the course of the past year. Their gig in January at King Tut's, I thought would be hard to beat  this year, however I found  the February one a bit lack lustre in comparison but Tuesday night was something a bit special, what with acoustic Springsteen covers and spontanous verses from Smiths songs it just shaves the January one for gig of the year for me but I'm sure that this weekend the mighty Fall will step up to the challenge.

No comments: