Sunday 5 July 2009

Quiet Please!



It's Sunday and I have a hangover. This used to be a fairly regular occurrence but not recently. I should know better that to drink more than 2 glasses of red wine. I always feel like shit if I drink red wine all night.

I need something mellow and soothing which will not tax my brain too much or make it throb more than it all ready is.

This track by Spiritualized fits the bill nicely.

Jason Pierce and Spiritualized get a fair deal of criticism for the themes of God, redemption and drugs in their music which I've never really understood as with the name Spiritualized and Pierce being well known for his drug consumption he is hardly going to sing about picking up girls in a sports car while cruising about New Jersey or somewhere is he?

Spiritualized - Feel So Sad (Rhapsodies)

As an added bonus the original mix of Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space which was blocked from release by the estate of Elvis Presley, something to do with not wanting Presley image being associated with drug taking, as if.

Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space (Original Elvis Mix)

No comments: