Friday 21 August 2020

Dancing In Space



I have been going down the rabbit hole that is Bandcamp quite a lot recently, starting on an artist page that has been flagged to me and then scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking on the "if you like such and such you may also like:" links taking me to place such as Romania,  France and in today's case the Netherlands and in particular Amsterdam. On the side bar it states "Night Moves is a home for music that needs to be different. We focus on up-and-coming artists and producers and give them a platform to receive exposure and support them in their endeavours" 

As you are probably aware I am not overly fond of  the digital release only format and only buy it if as in the case of the monthly Woodleigh Research Facility releases they are essential. I would include the Dancing In Space ep in this category. Four pieces of excellent Space themed deep house, one a remix by Weatherall acolytes the Hardway Brothers. The pick of the bunch for me is Guiding Light (On The Horizon mix) with it's orchestral flourishes, delay and epic feel, it is absolutely lovely.

The only problem with this release is that it leaves me longing for a something that I can play on my stereo in the dining room and eventually file when I eventually take notice of Lynn's hints.

2 comments:

OfficeWebmaster353 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Swiss Adam said...

Yep, great track.