Thursday 19 October 2017

Feel Your Feelings Fool!



Is it wrong for a middle aged Scottish man to be enthralled by the music of some teenagers from Los Angeles California who make thrashy guitar music with songs about body image, feminism and dead end relationships? It may well be but I do love the noise that the Regrettes make and the fuck you attitude that they seem to have.

A few months ago I posted Seashore which I had head a couple of weeks previously and couldn't get out of my head and so I investigated further. It turns out that the group met at music school and had signed to Warner Brothers which would usually have had me running a mile while shouting manufactured nonsense, however I "parked" my preconceptions and listened to what I could find on the internet and everything I heard was great, nothing revolutionary but great put together punky songs with loads of attitude and so I bought the album which I have been listening to over the past couple of weeks when I think that I have overdosed on skally psychedelic rock. The only minus for me for this debut is the bloody awful cover.

Here is my favourite from the album at the moment which is a little different from the rest of the tracks. Not for download, sorry.

The Regrettes - Pale Skin

and here is a previous single which is also on the album

3 comments:

George said...

I bought that Shack album. Today's music - I'm reminded of the Detroit Cobras, and for me that is No Bad Thing

Anonymous said...

Great discovery ! Never knew about them. Good video and like the sound. Nice one.

Dale Farrington said...

Thanks to your original Seashore post a couple of months ago, I find myself in exactly the same position as you. Great young band with attitude and songs.