Friday 4 August 2017

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



In Glasgow in the early to mid nineties Slam and Soma weren't the only game in town. Down the road across the M8 and in  Bath Street in the city centre a record shop called 23rd Precinct was getting in on the act with it's roster of labels and local talent. I have posted before about the absolute  Although not quite as cutting edge as the Soma, for me anyway they did release some excellent progressive house and early Trance singles. The other night I revisited some of the early highlights when I dug out my copy of House of Limbo Vol 1. Although much of it is of it's time that doesn't mean that it isn't worth listening to although I must admit the my mood was a bit nostalgic remembering the first time that I heard classics Schtoom and I Trance You.

One of the tracks that has stood the test of time is the first release by Glasgow Subby legend Harri, Skelph, a storming piece of Progressive House from 1992 and the ninth release on the Limbo label.

We are off for a week of fun and torrential rain in Machrihanish, so probably nothing to see here for a week or so.

Have a good weekend people

Harri - Skelph

6 comments:

The Swede said...

Just Googled Machrihanish and it looks amazing. One day I will get up to the Western Isles. Have a fabulous time, whatever the weather.

drew said...

Swede - On a good day you can see Ireland. It's a lovely part of the country but a bit grim when wet and can get wild. The west coast is beautiful Swede, especially up around Ardnamurchan

Dirk said...

Enjoy your stay, mate, and I wish you a bit of the weather we had when being in Glasgow!

Nice photo again for a change, I wonder though what the ladies were yelling at you when you took that picture ...?

drew said...

Dirk - they were saying "that's one of those guys that was with that cool German dude in Sleazy's a while ago

Dirk said...

Most probably, Drew! And indeed you're right: Walter really looked cool that night ...

Walter said...

Have a great time my friend hopefully without rain. And yes those might be the girls at Sleazy's.