Monday 28 August 2017

I'm Gone



I'm really surprised that I have never posted this rather passionate break up song from Eddie Parker. I'm Gone was released on the Awake label in 1966 and was co-written by Jack Ashford ex funk brother and co-produced by Lorraine Chandler. As is common in soul circles the single was a flop! Why? You're guess is as good as mine and Parker did very little for the next two years until Ashford and Chandler set up their own label "Ashford and released the excellent follow up to I'm Gone, Love You Baby another flop, and subsequently went bankrupt. However the taste-makers in the north of England found these treasures a few years later and the rest is as they say history, with a significant price tag for those wishing to own the originals.

Eddie Parker - I'm Gone