Friday 17 April 2015

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



I was never a big fan of Florence or her machine. I thought that the first single, Kiss With A Fist was a good song, better than most of the guff about at the time, well good enough to buy on 7" single and then pre-order the follow-up Dog Days Are Over. However I think that my view of Ms Welch went down hill rapidly when I listened to the b-side of that second single, what a fucking travesty, how dare she, who the fuck did she think she was were just a few of the things that went through my head in the just under three minutes of possibly the worst cover this side of Michael Bolton's Dock Of The Bay. So why I bought the 12", A Lot Of Blood A Lot Of Love escapes me at the moment  especially as I had three of the four track on the brace of sevens. It was probably due to the words Optimo and Espacio being mentioned as I have always rated Twitch and Wilkes as Dj's and producers. And they didn't disappoint with what is a cracking throbbing mix with minimum Florence and not much machine unless you count the synths. This is still a bit of vinyl that gets time on the turntable quite often but this record is where me and Florence parted company. L bought the cd of the first album which I think I listened to out of courtesy but apart from the two songs released as the first two singles the rest left me cold.

This weekend I will be watching the Diamonds but unfortunately I think that a play off place me be just out with our grasp, still as long as we finish above Dunfermline I will be happy. Then it's off to see Airborne Toxic Event at the Garage in Glasgow, I haven't bought the latest album yet so the new stuff will be new.

Have a good weekend people.

Florence and the Machine - Dog Days Are Over (An Optimo (Espacio) mix)

2 comments:

george said...

is there a particular rivalry betwween Airdrie and Dunfermline? Or do you just not like them?

drew said...

I just don't like them very much George all very irrational.