Friday 14 March 2014

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance



A lovely throbby, squidgy progressive monster is the order of the day and a track that I thought that I had posted previously before in one form or another but apparently not.

Sugar Daddy was the seventh release on Weatherall's Sabres of Paradise imprint. Secret Knowledge consisted of veteran rock journalist, producer dj and party animal Kris Needs ably assisted by vocalist Wonder Schnedier. They also released a belter of a track as Delta Lady on Hard Hands.

When trying to decide which mix to post I found two copies of the remix 12" which was a bit of a surprise. In the end I have chosen the Disco Evangelists remix, the Out Of Our Brains On The 5.15 mix, a reference to The Who and Quadrophenia, not sure that too many mods embraced progressive house, none of the ones I knew did.

I will mostly be feeling old this weekend, as my nephew celebrates his 18th birthday!!! I remember babysitting him the morning after the general election in 1997 and thinking we will discuss this glorious day in years to come my boy. oh the optimism. It is ironic on another level as the most I get out of him these days is the odd grunt and unintelligible phrase.

Have a good weekend people.

Secret Knowledge - Sugar Daddy (Out Of Our Brains on the 5.15 mix)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO FLOWER GIRSL!

dickvandyke said...

Fine work Uncle drew.

Babies become 18 year olds in a flash of time. Unfortunately, 18 year old become 50 in a similar -albeit belladonic - haze.

Nice to see the Anonymous (Dick Lexia) back in touch.

drew said...

Ain't that the truth Dickie.

Yip good to see ANON back. I expected a return last week and didn't think that this week's pic was that provocative but then again who can tell what will float ones boat!