Monday 10 March 2014

In The Same Old Way (I Still Love You)



In The Same Old Way is a track that I have been trying to get on vinyl for quite a few years but any time I have bid on it I have lost out in the last couple of minutes. Recently I have seen a couple of promo copies going for £82 and £85 but when money's tight it's quite hard to justify that kind of money on a single. So when a few weeks ago I saw a listing on ebay for pressing your own tunes onto a 7" single this Scotty Williams track was the first that came into my head quickly followed by Indian Giver by the Chantelles.

The single duly arrived and I have to say that the quality of the sound is very good to these ears although I can't compare it to the original single, it will do (barely) until I can justify the price of an original.

And since then I have had a further single pressed with Jean 1, the track from the White Label Stolen Voices project on, which should have been a single in any case.

I still get shivers and goosebumps when I hear this song. it is just so damned good.

Scotty Williams - In The Same Old Way (I Still Love You)

3 comments:

Luca said...

The White Label Stolen Voices project was absolutely stunning. I was totally blown away by their version of Roberta Flack's 'Trade Winds'. Breathtaking.

ally. said...

blimey what a briliant idea could you be a dear and pass on the details or the ebay info or something?
x

dickvandyke said...

Great work
Get on that scooter and ride