Monday 15 August 2011

Big Mama



I was thinking at the weekend and not fo the first time that very little rap and hip hop has been thown out across the kitchen table in the two and a half years I have been writing this drivel and coming across as a "typical scot". Which is quite strange as I like my hip hip, granted not a great deal from the late nineties onwards but the earlier stuff, the less gansta flows.

So to start to redress the balance a little, here is my favourite female MC and she is rather vexed with a few people. Not the sort of lady you would take home a burst pay packet to I suspect.

Roxanne Shante - Big Mama


2 comments:

davyh said...

I've been listening to a lot of that jazz-inflected hip-hop from the early 90s lately - Tribe Called Quest, Guru's Jazzmatazz, Stesasonic, all that. Sounds as great now as it did then.

Word verif = 'boxes'. Roxanne does seem a tad upset.

Swiss Adam said...

I've not heard Jazzmatazz for ages, might go and give it a listen.