Monday 26 July 2010

The Foundry Field Recordings



After yesterday's little diatribe and last weeks moanings about the weather and the state of my automobile it is back to the music this week.

The Foundry Field Recordings are another band who I first heard courtesy of KEXP and the Jon In The Morning Show.

The band hail from Columbia, Missouri and unapologetically describe their music as shoegaze and I suppose it can be categorised as that, it's not a term that I like as it has all of those negative connotations and conjures up images of earnest teenage boys with lank greasy hair,  faces exploding with zits and an array of effect pedals which run the length of the stage.

The track posted comes from their first and I think only lp, Prompts/Miscues which was released in 2006 and is worth tracking down, if you like the Pixies, I can also hear the influence of Pavement and Wheat in the album.

I'm not sure if the band are still in existence as the last thing I have from them is the Fallout Stations ep which was released in 2007.

The Foundry Field Recordings - Warning Raids Over Kiev

No comments: