Friday 28 August 2009

It's Friday . . . Let's Dance.



So much for new music week, one post and it's Friday already. I promise that I will post some new stuff next week but as it's Friday there's only one thing for it, yes let's have a little U2.

Instead how about a tune that was originally written for Nina Simone, whose version did absolutely nothing in 1964, however the song was picked up by the Animals who had a hit with it the following year. There have been loads of versions of the Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood but I think that my favorite is probably Elvis Costello's.

The version posted is by a French/US disco group who reached number 15 in the US charts with the track in 1978. I have to be honest and say that I had never heard the track before 2003 when it was used in the soundtrack to Kill Bill Vol1.

Santa Esmeralda - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

1 comment:

Mondo said...

I would put at 78 before I read it - there's a touch of War of the Worlds meets Born To Be Alive about it